Are you in the market for a property in Norfolk? If yes, one of the questions that may have crossed your mind is whether you should buy a new or an old property. Old properties in this area tend to cost less and they have a traditional design which some find more attractive than contemporary housing but there is one thing that you should know: buying a new home makes a lot more sense than buying an old one for several reasons:
• The first is that you can have your home designed exactly the way you want. Often, when people old home they have to knock down walls here and there and make design adjustments to get the home to their liking which costs even more money. With a new home you get exactly what you want without spending any extra – home development companies usually customize homes to their clients’ desires.
• A new home comes with a warranty – everything in it is brand new unlike with old homes where new owners often have to replace the roof, the AC, the heater and much more. When you take into account how much all these things cost it makes a lot more sense to move into a new home.
• Because your new home comes fitted with new, energy saving appliances you will be using less power and it is also great for the environment. Also, new homes are completely sealed from things like drafts which lead to a lot more power usage. You will also get double or triple glazed windows.
• An old home is just like an old car – things break down all the time and have to be repaired or replaced. In the long run this can cost you a lot of money. Quite the opposite happens when you buy a brand new home – it will be years before you need to replace or repair something and even then it may still fall under warranty.
• Today, new homes are built community-style with amenities such as swimming pools, mini golf courses, shopping centres and clubhouses, schools, small hospitals and so much more. Having all these things within your community is a big advantage. You also get more security because you live in a community.
One of the best home developers to buy your new home from in Norfolk is Hopkins Homes. They build homes that have character and yours will be customized to your desire. You can find out more about them on their website, http://www.hopkinshomes.co.uk/development/Holt_Norfolk_.